The XVII Altamira Gorizia Guitar Competition – “Enrico Mercatali price” will take place online from 15 to 22 November 2020.The competition is open to all performers of both sexes and all nationalities.
Art. 1 – Categories
1st category: soloists born in 2009 and after;
2nd category: soloists born in 2006 and after;
3rd category: soloists born in 2003 and after;
4th category: soloists born in 2000 and after;
5th category: chamber music for young competitors. Guitar duo, trio, quartet and ensemble; guitar with other instrument/s. The average age of the components of the groups should not exceed 18 years old.
6th category (The Enrico Mercatali Prize): soloists with no age limit;
7th category: chamber music with no age limit: guitar duo, trio, quartet and ensemble; guitar with other instrument/s.
Art. 2 – Program.
1st category: video with free program of the maximum duration of 5 minutes.
2nd category: video with free program of the maximum duration of 8 minutes.
3rd category: video with free program of the maximum duration of 12 minutes.
4th category: The 4th category will consist of a preliminary round and a final round. The three competitors with the highest score in the preliminary round will be admitted to the final round.
* Preliminary round: video with free program of the maximum duration of 10 minutes;
* final round: live streaming with free program of the maximum duration of 15 minutes. (a composition already played during the first round may not be repeated in the second round).
5th category: video with free program of the maximum duration of 12 minutes.
6th category: The 6th category will consist of a preliminary round and a final round. The five competitors with the highest score in the preliminary round will be admitted to the final round.
* Preliminary round: video with free program of the maximum duration of 15 minutes;
* final round: live streaming with free program of the maximum duration of 20 minutes. (a composition already played during the first round may not be repeated in the second round).
7th category: The 7th category will consist of a preliminary round and a final round. The three competitors with the highest score in the preliminary round will be admitted to the final round.
* Preliminary round: video with free program of the maximum duration of 20 minutes;
* final round: live streaming performance of the same program executed in the recorded preliminary round.
Art. 3 – Final Rounds – Live Streaming
Saturday 21th November 2020 at 7.00 pm: Categories IV and VII;
Sunday 22th November 2020 at 8.00 pm: Category VI
Live streaming can be broadcasted to the public on streaming platforms and social networks (for example: YouTube, Facebook, …). The candidate is required to use a good Internet connection to stream the live performance of the final round, in order to have an optimal broadcasting and an adequate audio and video quality.
Art. 4 – Inscription fees and instructions for application.
For the participation in the competition, the following entry fees, non-refundable, are required:
Categories 1st through 4th: € 45;
Category 5th: € 35 per head – € 230 per ensemble with 7 or more musicians;
Category 6th: € 55;
Category 7th: € 55 per head – € 330 per ensemble with 6 or more musicians.
Applications for registration and video submissions must be received by 08.11.2020 in one of the following ways:
- Online application form available on the Competition website (www.ccmg.it/concorso);
- E-mail (address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Application forms should include the following attachments, under penalty of exclusion from the competition:
- application form (please fill in the form downloaded from the competition website);
- Copy of a valid identification document;
- Copy of the payment receipt of the registration fee.
- copy of the score of the music that will be performed.
Payment must be made in Euro currency by one of the following means:
- Online payment through the Competition’s website with credit/debit card (www.ccmg.it/concorso);
- wire transfer. You may wish to instruct your bank to make payment direct to the following bank account:
Account Name: Centro Chitarristico Mauro Giuliani
Bank Name: BANCO BPM
IBAN: IT82K0503412300000000006045 – BIC: BAPPIT21075;
Please, write the following in the reason for payment: surname, name, category of the competitor and 17 Altamira (example: Brown John, CAT 6, 17 Altamira).
Competitors can apply to more than one category; in such case, registration and payment of the relevant fees should be repeated for each category in which they intend to participate.
We require all international transfers to us made outside SEPA Area to be made with the OUR instruction. Further information can be asked to your local bank.
Art.5 – Jury
The jury will be composed of well-known concert performers and teachers. The verdict and all the decisions of the jury are final and irrevocable.
No jury member should give points to their own students: the vote of this juror will be applied ex officio and will correspond to the arithmetic average of the scores given to that competitor by the other members of the jury.
The jury reserves the right not to assign any prizes if it deems the artistic level of the performances not adequate, or to assign ex-aequo prizes on the basis of coincident evaluations. The ex-aequo prizes will be divided among the winners. There are no ex-aequo prizes for the first prizes in the categories IV, VI, VII.
Art. 6 – Video Recording
The candidate must record the performance in a single video containing all the pieces to be performed. The video recording should be made with a single camera with frontal view, horizontal aspect ratio, adequate light, no cuts and editing, good audio and video quality. Before starting to play it is mandatory to announce:
- your name and surname;
- your city and state of residence;
- the date when the video performance has been recorded;
- the titles and the composers of the pieces to be performed;
- the following message: “Video recorded for the 17th Altamira Gorizia Guitar Competition”.
The video will be uploaded by the candidate in “unlisted” mode (only people who know the link to the video can view it) on Youtube or other streaming platforms; the video link will be sent to the competition commitee upon registration.
If any video alteration is found (for example editing, dubbing, ecc.), the jury may disqualify the candidate.
Art. 7 – Prizes
- First place: € 150 diploma;
- Second place: € 100 diploma;
- Third place: € 50 diploma,
- First place: € 200 diploma;
- Second place: € 150 diploma;
- Third place: € 100 diplomal;
- First place: € 300 diploma.
- Second place: € 200 diploma;
- Third place: € 100 diploma;
- 1st prize: € 500; concert in the Festival “Mercatali 2021”, diploma.
- 2nd prize: € 300; diploma.
- 3rd prize: € 200; diploma.
- 1st prize: € 300; diploma
- 2nd prize: € 200; diploma
- 3rd prize: € 100; diploma
- “Enrico Mercatali” Prize (1st prize): € 3,000; Altamira concert guitar mod. “L’Orfeo”; diploma; Three concerts: I) International Gorizia Guitar Festival “Mercatali 2021” [Gorizia], II) Concert and jury of the 6th International Competition “Valle-Bale” [Croatia] (July 2021), Festival “Sei corde d’autunno 2021” [Camposampiero, Padova], “DotGuitar Prize”: Album distributed in the most important international online music stores (iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, etc.) offered by DotGuitar for the DotGuitar / CD label http://www.dotguitar.it /zine/cd/dotguitar_cd.html (*); Winner picture of the international competition of contemporary visual arts by the Alpen Adria association.
- 2nd prize: € 1,500; diploma.
- 3rd prize: € 1,000; diploma.
- 4th prize: € 500; diploma.
- 5th prize: € 300; diploma.
- 1st prize: € 2,000; Concert in the International Gorizia Guitar Festival “Mercatali 2021” [Gorizia]; diploma.
- 2nd prize: € 1,000; cup; diploma.
- 3rd prize: € 500; cup; diploma.
It is specified that the diplomas will be sent in electronic format
Art. 8 – The organization reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions publishing the possible changes in the Internet under the address: www.ccmg.it/concorso
Art. 9 – Privacy protection. Pursuant to the regulation (EU) 2016/679 – GDPR we inform that your data will be processed for the following purposes:
- purposes directly linked and consequent to the management of your application to the present competition (for example: schedule management, classifications and palmarés, records and printouts for the sole use of the Competion’s jury and staff). If data is not provided we could not assure your participation in the competition;
- it you expressly authorize, for sending promotional materia via e-mail on the Centro Chitarristico “Mauro Giuliani” activity. Communication and spreading of data can be only made for the described purposes; without your expressed will we will refrain to process your data in regards of this chapter.
Art. 10 – Admission to the competition takes place once the validity and the conformity of the documents that the Organizing Committee requires has been verified.
By signing the application form or by submitting the online application form through the www.ccmg.it/concorso website, each candidate agrees to accept these regulations and to resign all rights related to possible audio and video recordings and broadcasting.
Art. 11 – All legal controversies will be settled in the Court of Gorizia.
- DotGuitar will support the complete expenses for publishing 1 (one) album on line (transcoding, uploading tracks, covers composition, etc.) for the winner of the competition.
DotGuitar will have 5 years (renewable by mutual agreement) rights for that recording and any profit and revenue from the sale of the digital tracks on the stores will be divided at the 50% for the winner guitarist and 50 % for DotGuitar.
The laureate will provide (by himself, where he wants and at his own expenses) to record a master tape with a program of his choice, and send us the audio tracks in a digital format (it could be a regular audio CD or .wav format tracks sent via Dropbox, Wetransfer or similar).
The organizers and DotGuitar must receive the recordings within one year from the date of the competition.